Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Harvest Basket


Tomorrow's Belli Challenge is all about paper piecing (shhhhhhhhh - sneak peek just for you!), and I've used this gorgeous Harvest Basket from Eureka for my project. After I colored the basket with Copic markers, I paper pieced the ribbon bow and the two smaller gourds on the right of the pumpkin.

When I was playing around with the paper flowers (Orange1 Collection), I accidentally pulled the petals apart. Instead of trying to tape the petals back together, I started arranging them behind my harvest basket. This makes for an interesting look, doesn't it? It's a fun and different way to use the paper flowers. :-)

Have a wonderful day!


Stamps: Small Harvest Basket (Eureka Stamps)
Ink: Rich Cocoa Memento
CS: Suede, White, Forever Fall (Bo Bunny)
Other: Copic markers, flowers - Orange1 collection (QKR Stampede), circle dies
TJ Technique: Paper Piecing

3 comments:

  1. I'm loving this card. The one thing that I really love about fall is the colors and you have done a beautiful job with this card. Love the idea of using the petals from the paper flowers like that. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice fall basket Holly and I like the way you framed it in the flower petals.

    ReplyDelete