Thursday, December 16, 2010

Playing Hockey

Before I tell you about today's card, I want to remind y'all to come stop by tomorrow (Friday, December 17th) for the QKR Stampede Design Team Blog Hop.  We have some wonderful projects planned for this hop, you will be sure to get some great inspiration from them.

Now for todays card.
I don't know about all of you out there in Bloggerland, but here in my home we are big hockey fans.  Of course we live in the Buffalo, NY area and have the Sabres!!!!  When I saw this QKR Stampede image "Playing Hockey" (#14203)  I knew I had to have it.
To create this card, I started with Kraft card stock cut to 8.5" x 5.5" and scored it at 4.25"  I stamped "Playing Hockey" onto white card stock with VersaFine Black Onyx ink and colored it with watercolor pencils.

I used  a bit of Glossy Accents on the skate blades and the "ice" to give it a little shine.  Then I used some Sticky Powder from QKR Stampede to add some glitter to the hockey player and the snowflakes around him.  If you check out the home page at QKR Stampede there is an area where you can learn more about Sticky Powder.  I'm having a lot of fun playing with this product.

I used a Nestabilities die in my Cuttlebug to cut the orange frame from card stock and adhered the image to the frame, then layered that onto the Kraft card base.

I found some alpha stickers in my stash for the "go team" and added some dash lines around the inside and outside of the frame to add a little more interest.  Rounding the corners with my Corner Chomper finished off the card.  I think he's pretty cute, even if the poor guy has a bit of a black eye.

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have enjoyed my hockey player. Leave a comment and let us know you stopped by and what you think.

3 comments:

  1. Kristie - how adorable is he!!!!! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card, love all the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cheerful bright card! Love the white outlines on the card, too.
    NEat job.
    Hugs, Pat Smith

    ReplyDelete